S3 is a trading analytics and regulatory compliance software company that provides services to clients ranging from the biggest investment banks and stock exchanges to the industry’s newest rising-stars.
S3 is seeking a motivated professional who will be responsible for managing and maintaining S3’s database infrastructure. You will work with a team in a relaxed, collaborative environment to make sure clients are getting the most out of our products. Scope of work includes maintaining database integrity, managing database code, performance tuning and assisting with database code development. The work is exciting at a fast-growing company with a close-knit team where no two days are ever the same.
You must be able to work with a diverse set of client requirement to assess inefficiencies and find creative solutions to issues that arise. You are good at building strong relationships, are willing to stand up for your ideas, and are not afraid to challenge those who disagree with you. You are a self-starter and not afraid to wear different hats as the need arises. When you see something that needs to be done, you get it done.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain schema integrity. Update changes to version control and deploy to all databases and clients.
- Document all custom code and tables for each client, to identify potential conflicts with generic code changes
- Performance tuning, both at the system level (AWS) and the schema level
- Assist in database code development
- Perform database upgrades, create new databases and schemas
- Maintain schema backups and assist in disaster recovery testing
What you need to join our team:
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, patience, and excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Database Administration experience, with a preference for Postgres
- Strong SQL experience, with a preference for Postgres
- Shell scripting experience (bash, awk, perl, python)
- Experience in financial services preferred
Other relevant information:
- The job is located in Austin, TX but S3 is a fully remote capable company, so we will consider any US-based candidate.
At S3 we believe that our employees are the key to our success, therefore we offer a highly competitive salary and a wealth of generous benefits. These include: health, dental, and vision plans, 401k matching, and opportunities to share in the success of the business. Our employees also receive cell phone allowances, career training, 3 weeks PTO, fully stocked kitchen, frequent company paid lunches and events, and flexible work schedules.
To learn more about S3 visit our website: www.S3.com. If you are interested in joining the S3 team, apply to jobs@S3.com.